Saturday, April 9, 2011

Full-Time Employee -slash- Mom and Sorta-Wife

Holy moly!!!

Life is exhausting.  There, I said it.

Life is incredibly exhausting. 

I didn't realize how much more tired I'd be throwing in a full-time relationship to the mix.  I mean- I've done this all before.  (the being married, working 40 hours, being a mommy) sort-of-thing.

But, I'm not married.  Bailee isn't Mike's child.

I don't really know how this is perceived to be different.  He helps out with her more than I do at most times.  But- I am exhausted.

Maybe it's the fact that I am used to getting up, getting Goo up, going to work/school.... Getting off work, picking up Bee...going home and doing our own din-din/bedtime routine.

Possibly this new routine of moving further from school/work... Working an earlier shift (I was working at 8am and have changed in the past week to a 7am shift)... etc has added to this new level of exhaustion...

I don't know.

All I know is that I'm tired.  I am trying my hardest to be a super employee, a super mom, and a super "sorta" wife...(ok, I'm JUST a girlfriend...who knows when that will ever (if ever) change)

But- I can also state that I am happy. 

I am incredibly happy.

I just keep hoping on the Question.

Damn the Question.

No comments:

Post a Comment